8/21/14

Pharast 13th, 656 AR

We set off first thing this morning. Chiyo was excited to travel. I don't think she really understood everything that happened back in Jin Hai. I suppose she is about as young as Aiko was when we lost Grandfather and Aiko bounced back to her usual self afterwards. 

I'm sure Chiyo will have more questions later, but we can worry about that when it comes. I'm sure Keisuke is already considering how to tell her anyway as he's pretty much taken over the parental role for her. Bit surprising considering I wouldn't put him past 20 years of age, probably younger. If I was to guess, the pain of Baoji losing his family is still fresh and runs deep. Despite his penchant for strong alcohol like myself, it is easy to see his reason for it is to numb his feelings and forget the past.

We've stopped for a quick rest and some lunch at the foot of a stream. The horses were thirsty anyway and Baoji is extremely wary making his horse angrier than it usually is. 

Just realized I haven't wrote about Baoji's horse before. Too much else going on I suppose. Anyway, when we received the horses back in Tenshi the one Baoji got was one of the most foul natured animals I've ever laid eyes on. Or at least it is to him. He's taken to calling it 'demon' (when it can't overhear at least) and I can't entirely deny it fits the creature.  Long story short, it has given him nothing but grief since he got it including (but not limited to) throwing him from its back, tossing him in the mud, kicking him, biting at him, and head-butting him. 

We'll be off shortly now so I should start packing. At least the weather has been good and the travel peaceful thus far. Hopefully it remains so!

No comments:

Post a Comment