3/14/15

Pharast 29th, 656 AR

*This entry's writing flows erratically appearing to have been done in a big hurry with a great deal of excitement on the part of the writer, his exuberant emotions evident in every letter*

By Shizuru's shining sword, we got invited to a banquet with the Seiya Zei royalty including the Princess, Prince, Lord Regent Yashimoto himself, and even the head of the Dragon Clan, Master Hoshi! Part of me hopes Kiyoko is there as well though I fear as a handmaiden of the Princess even if she is there will be no chance to speak with her. I hope to see her and thank her for her kind words during our escape from the House of Long Shadows. Her kindness helped me when I was feeling at my lowest.

I'm truly honored and excited beyond measure. Master Hoshi is all but a household name in the Dragon Clan and admired by all. A celebrity even! Aiko is even acting a little star struck but I personally think I'm a little more excited than her (but don't tell her that). Besides grandfather, the man I've idolized has been Master Hoshi since I could scarcely walk.

The invitation arrived first thing that morning delivered by one of the Princess's handmaidens but the banquet didn't start till the evening. So we've had most of the day to agonize over it. I'm actually writing this as everyone is finishing getting ready. I needed something to keep my mind off it else I end up making myself nervous or pacing the room and wearing a path across the wood. 

We went out during the day to gather up some supplies and see how the city was faring. It had calmed down considerably with the end of the festival and most of the rumor-mongering was regarding the return of the Prince and Princess last evening. Aiko even got to try one of those shell games she's been wanting to since we first arrived (she won the first two rounds but lost the third). Regardless she had some fun with it at least. Pretty good for her first time, though I can't imagine Motaga at the temple would have looked kindly on such things. 

We also stopped at the docks and heard rumors that Kieshkin had packed up shop and  headed west. Apparently he was looking for a more explosive variation of black powder (dear me). Knowing him, it won't be long before he shows up again...

During that time Baoji split up from us and went to the temple of Irori only to find out that it was locked up tight with the 4-armed monk, Yoshiako Endo, guarding the front gate. From what Baoji told us the temple was attacked recently and the headmaster murdered. Some sort of foul magic was at work by the sound as all the guards fell into a deep slumber when it happened, many of whom were killed in their sleep. A cowardly, dishonorable act especially in the eyes of the Temple of Irori who pride themselves as honorable warriors. Baoji admittedly seemed a little shaken. It sounded like a truly gruesome sight within the temple as they were still cleaning the bloodstains from the cobblestones. We promised him to look into it more tomorrow to try get to the bottom of what is happening or happened here while we were gone.


His bad luck didn't end there. He had another run in with the fraud from his temple, a man named...Sho I think? Something like that. The two had some sort of scuffle while he was on his way back and afterward Baoji realized his favorite shield was missing. Presumably stolen. The guy really can't catch a break! For tonight, though, hopefully he can relax some and enjoy the night's festivities. He certainly could use it after the day he has had!

Oh, Aiko is yelling for me and beating on the door. Time to be on our way!

No comments:

Post a Comment